Well today they did make her a Mask ( and it only took a little over 2 hours from wet to clampable !! ). She then was told that she would get 6 weeks of accelerated XRT meaning 6 weeks of daily rads, Mon - Th and rad twice on Fri. When I taught with Dr Trotti last Thursday at Moffitt he told me that he had switched to Accelerated IMRT of daily rads M - T and rad twice on Fri shortening the 7 weeks of 35 rad Txs to 6 weeks and 30 rad Txs so perhaps a lot was changed in her treatment plan after her doctor talked to Moffitt??

She received the rad to the swollen neck side continuing to the center of her throat so I also have warned her not to be alarmed if her inside throat reaction is not worse than her doc told her. I also included taste and saliva loss in our talk. She took a few pills this am and actually did quite good although she did cry a little on the way home. She says she can do without me for a while so we'll see. I told her to call me every day.

Now back to my taxing world for a while.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.