Hello Con,
Just read about your recurrence, so sorry that you have to go through so much again-and am so inspired with your strength and courage to do so! People on this fourm are truly amazing.
Shar is right, my mom did recently go through brachy therapy. She was not able to have a partial glossectomy due to new found heart problems that we were unaware of until pre-op testing.
I'm not sure what questions you have, I am happy to help you in any way that I can. I can tell you right up front that her RO was very pleased the last few times we saw him, we see him again today--hoping for the same results!
My mom's brachy was done in a CCC, I do believe that you need a skilled person to do this procedure.
I'm here and available to any questions I can help you try to answer. You can also e-mail me, it is listed in my profile.
Will be thinking of you.
Donna

Donna
CG to Mom, dx 4/25/07 with tongue cancer,T3N0,tx began 7/6/07, 31 tx's of IMRT, 8 cycles of Erbitux. Brachytherapy, surgery, left neck dissection and temp trach placed all on 9/17/07, trach removed 10/17/07. ORN of jaw, late effect of radiation symptoms. **lost my beautiful mother on 5/5/11.