Lowanne, I'm so sorry as I just read the post. Please know that you and Jack have been on my mind even though I haven't been to the board much. It's so hard I know, but Brenda is right. Write down all the memories. That has helped me the most. When I remember a little moment, I can smile then write it down. (I have a 175 page WORD document!) And when I really need a pick me up, I go back and revisit those moments again. Most of the time it makes me cry... but always with a smile. Sometimes... I get so lost in those memories it's "almost" like he isn't really gone. Then I snap out of it and realize... HE REALLY ISN'T GONE! He's everywhere! Then... I can go on. I wish you peace. And please read my next post as I want to share something that a close friend gave to me about a week after Don died. It's the poem that pulled me through, and it came at just the right time. Take care, God bless and call me anytime.
Karen

Caretaker/Longtime Girlfriend of Don. Dx 10/31/03 SCC Stage IV T2N3bMO right tonsil/tongue base. 35 IMRT w/8 Chemos,Biopsy 4/5/4 STILL pos. Radical rightside 4/12/4 Reoccurred late August 04 God took his hand from me November 23rd, 2004