Yes Nelie
Same situation.....
my Mom finished tx in august and was eating soft food/liquids in September. The dysphagia progressively had gotten worse through the months leading up to the diagnosis of full aspiration in April. The swallow test in the fall showed she had great swallowing ability. She complained of it getting worse and her ent put off doing anything about it until April. Then he did another swallow test and sent her to a Speech pathologist. Since then she has switched ent's because the first never got back to her or followed up with her ever since finding out she was aspirating on everything. To this day he still has not called. I don't even think he knows she switched doctors. His lack of concern or follow up really infuriates me. If he was more proactive in the early stages of this it could possibly have been prevented from becoming a full closed stricture.

Nelie-where was your stricture? Was it near the voice box? I am surprised in this day and age they have not made any advancements with the voice box technology.

Tami

Tami
Mom has Bot scc stage T1/N1= stage 3 dx 6/27/05 treatment IMRT & chemo (docetaxel, cisplatin, 5FU) ended treatment 8/22/05 Cancer free as of Feb 2006