Chapstick conspiracy............I'm still laughing at that one! Have any of you REALLY looked at the HUNDREDS of chapsticks available? Crazy.

Dani, your moms lips do sound different then mine. Mine are not cracking, they just feel dry, get red, have become swollen twice now and will have tiny blisters in the morning. They also burn at times. They feel much better since I stopped using the Vaseling intensive care. I started using Carmex until I can find what Gary's wife suggested, and there has been a dramatic difference. I was literally putting the Intensive care on my lips approx. every 15 minutes, I was hostage to the stuff. Now, I'm only feeling the need to use the Carmex every few hours............and my lips are the normal color now. Still a tiny bit sore and still feel dryer then usual, but that may be all the weather changes in my area.

Gary, my daughter is in San Diego for the week, she arrived today. None of us has ever been to the West Coast and she said it's just beautiful. Her fiance is graduating from the Marines bootcamp out there and they may stay there for awhile.

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.