Leon has finally finished radiation. His last treatment was last Friday. Boy was that a great feeling for the both of us. There were many times I thought he wasn't going to complete the treatments, but he did and I am so proud of him. On the day of his last treatment it felt like there should be a band playing and a bunch of people standing there clapping as he exited the building (smile). Well here goes some new issues now. I thought he would be a lot happier than he is. He seems to have good days and bad days. He said he knows he is done his treatments but with this illness you are really never cured like you are with other illnesses. It will always be hanging over his head. Will this feeling pass for him? I don't want him to be sad the rest of his life. Also, when did any of you get just a glimmer of taste? That's seems to be his other big issue. I keep thinking if his taste comes back at least that may cheer him up. Again thanks for listening to me. Any suggestions would be more than helpful!

Rhonda - Caregiver to husband Leon. Diagnosed with SCC of right tonsil, 1 lymph node. Right tonsilectomy 10/3/05 - Right neck dissectomy 10/12/05, completed 39 IMRT treatments 2/23/06.