Hey paolopp, I had my neck dissection last June and I'm still adjusting to it. I found physical therapy a major help. I stopped going a few months ago and really need to get back into it. It's my shoulder more than my neck that bothers me now -- it's sore and stiff, and I still don't have very good range of motion...

Interesting comments about your brother's mood swings. I've been pretty "angry at the world" of late and have really wondered why. I've never really felt like this before, and have also been "intolerent of other people's comments and opinions." Unfortunately, I have a boss now who has plenty and usually delivers them in a negative way. I've been close to "going off" on him a few times. In a strange way, I thank you for reminding me that maybe I've got some issues with own cancer experience that I need to deal with... May we both find some peace and rest in the midst of all of this... God be with you and your brother...

Tongue cancer (SCC), diagnosed Oct. 2003 (T2 N0 M0). Surgery to remove tumor. IMRT Radiation 30x in Dec 2003 - Jan. 2004. Recurrence lymph node - radical neck dissection June 2004. Second round of rad/chemo treatments ended Sept. 2004.