Just curious -- do folks ever have kind of a "deep muscle" soreness in areas of your neck that have been radiated?

I've had off and on soreness in a couple of areas the past few months. I saw my doctor about a month ago, and he poked and prodded me, and said everything felt normal. But the past few days, the soreness has returned to this one area (opposite side of my surgery). I don't feel lumps or anything but a few times something feels like it has "moved" or shifted in there when I press on it (tissue? muscles? arteries?)

I think my pain may have something to do with a tooth-ache that has popped up recently (the pain kind of shoots all over, from my tooth, down into my neck and even in my ear)...

I guess I'm paranoid. I feel like I want the doc to take another look at me, even though he just did ...

Tongue cancer (SCC), diagnosed Oct. 2003 (T2 N0 M0). Surgery to remove tumor. IMRT Radiation 30x in Dec 2003 - Jan. 2004. Recurrence lymph node - radical neck dissection June 2004. Second round of rad/chemo treatments ended Sept. 2004.