The latest update is that the "tingles" have settled down about 30% over the last 48 hours and I seem to be able to manage them with a combination of meditation/visualization and meds.

Stress definiately makes them worse, so of course I am deeply afraid it's the cancer I'm feeling versus nerve regeneration.

Also, along those lines over the last couple of days my jaw and chin are starting to really hurt.

It feels like someone punched me (HARD) in the face.

My jaw line along the right side is tender and my chin (the tip) of all things is super sensitive, even the collar on my shirt is enough to send pain shivers down my neck.

It feels like the pain is inside my right jaw bone, under my teeth, is this the perinural involvement from the path reports?

It's been 18 days since surgery, is it possible to still have this kind of pain from that?

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.