Based on the research I've done, here's what I do:

...first, anyone currently in treatment should talk to their doc about taking supplements. It's possible they could interfere with treatment. For instance, both chemo and radiation rely, at least partially, on the use of oxidants to kill the cancer cells. The use of anti-oxidants could cause problems. In my case during treatment, the nutritionist would only sign off on a multi-vitamin that contains no more than 100% of the RDA.

OK, here's what I take:

Every morning and evening
-------------------------
500mg ethster C
160mg echanasia
250mg ginseng

...in addition...

Every morning
-------------
200 IU vitamin E
200mg folic acid

Every evening
-------------
multi-vitamin (Theragan M)
3mg garlic oil

Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday morning
(this is in addtion to the other morning supplements)
-----------------------------------------
25000 IU vitamin A as beta carotine
400mg selenium
200mcg chromium

One day or two out of every couple of weeks, I won't take any supplements to give my body a break.

Why only three days a week for some of these? Vitamin A and selenium can be toxic because they accumulate in the body. I don't want to make myself sick when I'm trying to do exactly the opposite. No matter what, I don't want to over do it. The body does need some oxidation. So I'm not "mega dosing," but I want to make sure my immune system is as strong as I can nutritionally make it.

...anyway...it seems to work for me. (knock on wood)

-Brett

Base of Tongue SCC. Stage IV, T1N2bM0. Diagnosed 25 July 2003.
Treated with 6 weeks induction chemo -- Taxol & Carboplatin once a week followed with 30 fractions IMRT, 10 fields per fraction over 6 more weeks. Recurrence October 2005.