o.k., I read it and took it with a grain of salt. I think alot of people turn to alternative treatments because they have crappy docs. I for one do not have a great love for Western Medicine. All our current docs are from India and the Middle East, I find them more kind, considerate and caring than American docs, who need educated in treating patients like people as opposed to disease. i think "first cause no harm" sort of has to be considered what is the greater good for the patient. If there are no western medical options left, I for one would not hesitate to try other alternatives, if I felt as a nurse that they would cause no harm. The mind is a powerful weapon, and belief in a treatment does work at times.....case in point, I had a horrid sore throat when Frank was in Boston, started taking what I thought was cipro, cured me in 3 days, found out later they were multivits in the cipro bottle, but i believed they would work and they did..........I certainly know we need to be careful with the alternative stuff and the quacks out there, but I think the more the alternatives are studied the more help they may be..........I`m not really sure that MD`s are the one`s to study them unless they do so with an open mind. Dee