I am assisting my brother in finding out what financial steps to take while dealing with his insurance and applying for Social Security Disability.
I understand his company will provide him with 6 months sick leave. He then has an insurance policy that will pay some once he is totally disabled. When do we need to apply for Social Security Disability? After this six months? Now? What about Medicaid. Someone told me that Medicaid might pick up some of the medical expenses even if he has a job and insurance.
Buy the way, he is doing well. He just finished his lifetime max of chemo Friday. He was still exhausted on Saturday, but Sunday he was able to go to the Pro Bass Shop and to a movie. smile I was so excited for him. We're still trying to get him into MD Anderson and hope for a better outlook there. Thanks to everyone on this board. You are a group of very special people and you provide a much needed light in this dark, dreary world of oral cancer. You are all in my thoughts.

Sister of 32 year-old oral cancer victim. Our battle is over but the war rages on. My brother passed July 26, 2005. He was a smokeless tobacco user.