Annabel,
I don't want to discourage you but I also don't want you to waste the amount of time that I did with Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I have that insurance and I fought them for almost two years. Every doctor I have wrote letters, including my dentist that specializes in cancer patients..........two of these doctors did the "Peer Review", which means they called and spoke with BC/BS themselves. I appealed when they turned me down the first time. They turned me down, of course, again and pointed out that it specifically says in the policy that implants will NOT be covered if loss of teeth is due to disease. There is no fighting that and they wouldn't budge. I am having my implants done this Tuesday and it is to the tune of $52,350, with $1000 covered for the extractions I will have.

Now, on the positive side, I wish you could win the battle with them............please let me know if you do so I can give them a call!!If just one person could apply enough pressure it may work....I simply got tired of fighting them and got to the point where my mouth hurt and I can't eat well at the present time.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Minnie

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.