Hi Eric,
I'm happy to hear from you, I sent you an email a few weeks ago trying to make contact. Great to hear you are doing well after treatment!
This adoption drama must be wearing you and your wife out. My advice would be to keep the young lady living with you until it's resolved. Have the mother go to court and get court ordered child support. He isn't held responsible until there is an order for support. I have a pretty good feeling that once he has to start paying money he will back down. The state will only let him get so far behind on payments before they will put him in jail. It probably sounds like dirty tactics, but sounds like your dealing with someone not of strong character.........so pull out all the big guns. Once you push him so far, he will jump at the chance to sign off parental rights.
Hope it all works out for you and hope to see you, your wife and new daughter at the walk in April.
Take care,
Minnie

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.