Hello,

I am a Health Library volunteer for a local hospital. A patron was asking me to find certain information and I told her I'll try to get back to her by the end of this week (she looked worried).

Here is the situation as I far as I can understand it. Her husband has some kind of cancer and he went through radiation treatment. It sounded like the radiation treatment destroyed some of the muscle in the jaw? Anyway, her husband cannot open his mouth very wide as a result of it. What is worrysome is that he seemed to lose the ability to open his jaw more and more. He can only open his jaw a little now.

Anyway, what she really want to find out is:

* How effective is this Therabite device?

* Is there a way for her to talk to someone who has used the Therabite device?

* She wants to know the pros and cons of this therabite device. Thinks she should watch out for, etc.

* Are there other devices like Therabite on the market and how effective are they?

* Any other kind of therapy that can help open her husband's jaw. She is trying to consider all options.

* Are there local support groups with people who has this condition (can't open jaw after radiation treatment). She is in the San Francisco-Palo Alto-San Jose area in California.

Any kind of information or pointer would be appreciated. I hope I can at least give her something that is useful.

Thanks.

-Dan