I want to thank all of you, and especially Minnie, for making this first attempt at an open, public fund-raiser possible. An event that will help the foundation's mission of spreading the word about the disease and early detection, while helping the foundation stay financially alive and viable. As to Minnie's wish about the future.... my wish, is that we are all here 20 years from now, and that we have by then made a major reduction in the death rate from this disease through public awareness, and the spin off of that awareness, finding it early when it is most survivable. This is just a beginning, and I am grateful for the hours and hours of hard work that Minnie and others have done in the service of complete strangers, and for the benefit of future individuals they will never meet. Their giving spirit makes mine soar, and I am humbled at the depth of their commitment to make a difference.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.