Hi everyone,
My dad has been in and out of the hospital for the past few days and we're all a bit nervous. He's had 4 chemo sessions so far (Erbitux weekly, 2 weeks of taxol, 1 carboplation). Last Thursday, he had a tooth pulled in preparation for his radiation treatment. On Friday, he got chills around 2, spiked a fever around 5, and I took him to the ER. They did tests on his blood and he was not found to have any infections. He was given IV fluids and antibiotics and released around 11. The next day, the same thing happened again. He went back to the ER and then was admitted overnight. Now it's Sunday and he had a THIRD session of chills followed by a fever. He's had a headache throughout.
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Does anyone have any advice??? This site has been very helpful thus far and I'm already very appreciative of all the knowledge I've gained here. I hope someone can help.

Stephanie -
Father (60yr., nonsmoker, social drinker) dx 6/18/07 w/ Stage4a SCC tonsil. Mets to 3 LN. Induct. chemo (taxol,carboplatin,erbitux) 6/28-8/14; Concurrent Chemo(cisplatin&erbitux) w/ IMRT x 44 8/20-10/2. Surgery to come.