Hi! I was at 223 & 6'1" pre dx, 176 one week out from end of chemo & rad. My last treatment was 5/27/04 & I've managed to get up to 182-184 for last couple of weeks. Many things just like Gary, except I do eat all the dry stuff & just wash it down with something to drink. I'm starting to get a little gut so I'm thinking I need to lay off all the high fat stuff & start working out to gain some of the muscle mass back. I was a pretty muscular guy before & like Gary lost mostly muscle from so much inactivity. I'm sure it will come back with some work. I don't count calories either, just eat everything I can. I actually ate toasted engish muffins w/peanut butter and washed it down with hot coffee the other day, but it was a lot of work! Whew! It sure tasted good though! I just keep trying everything to see what works & what doesn't! Meals still take focus & effort but it is getting better! Just don't give up!

dx 2/11/04 scca bot T3 IU 2B MO poorly differentiated, margins ok, 3/16 modest, jaw split, over half of tongue removed, free flap from left forearm - finished chemo & rad treatment 5/20/04