Given where you are in your radiation treatments I think you are getting the very expected (and due to get worse) mucocitis from the radiation treatments. You are at about the right time and level of exposure for this to start happening. There is not much that can be done for it except to eliviate the discomfort for short epriods of time. Different institutions treat this with differnt kinds of mouth rinses, but the commonality in all of them is that they contain some lidocaine or other anesthetic to take the pain of them away. If your doctor confirms this, they will appear in more and more areas, and in my case were so bad that I could no longer eat by mouth. PEG tube time. Please post back your doctors conclusion. If I am correct, there are tons of people here that will have coping mechanisms for you to try.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.