As most of you know, I had the PEG "installed" on Monday.

I just wanted to update this thread one last time, and let it drift out into cyber space.

As far as asking questions that may have been answered in the past:

1) Things change all the time, and I encourage anyone to bring up issues that may have more pertinent data, or even more importantly a new board member's perspective on the particular topic.

2) If you ask a specific, targeted question, you can get asnwers that are more balanced to your issues.

For instance, I asked simply: "Can I swim with a PEG..?"

This resulted in pages of interesting information, some addressing the question, other's addressing questions I was thinking but didn't necessarily formulate.

This "banter" is healthy and important.

The irony here is the following:

I spoke to 3 surgeons and 4 fellows at Sloan.

Everyone of them say's once the incision is healed (5 to 8 days) swimming is NO PROBLEM.

So, in the end, it didn't matter, but we got a wealth of great conversation from the question.

Although, off topic for this thread, someone commmented about religion based posts.

For the record, it doesn't offend ME. I feel like we all have different views, and the world has several dominate faiths. It's important to some to be able to express their views, to the extent that it doesn't offend others.

Remember, a lot of what we say and do in a post can be as much for our own good as the person or people to whom we are posting.

Thank you John for the reminder that I may not even feel up to swimming! It's just after a sweltering NY summer day, a cool swim feels great! I will likely just want to curl up in bed with the AC on MAX and watch I LOVE LUCY reruns instead :-)

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.