Hi, people I really need some advice.

As posted before I went for my radiation oncology appointment and was a little concerned at how new he was. I have since discovered he has written a number of papers and studies and was described as very smart by one of the doctors who work with me that happened to go to medical school with him. In short he may not be very good with people but he apparently knows his stuff when it comes to radiation treatment.

Today I called to see if my simulation CT had been arranged and the likely timing for the meeting with the medical oncologist. I spoke to a secretary, she stated due to insufficent staff to program the IMRT and the delay this would cause I am being put on the standard radiation treatment. This will enable my treatment to start sooner.

I will not be seeing the medical oncologist for three weeks, I may get an opening soon if someone cancels.

I have already called my cancer center social worker and she will have the head of the department call me to explain what is going on.

Arrangements are being made for the IV contrast CT to happen on Friday.

Question: Is there a huge difference between these types of treatment?

If I am gross disease free is it really just a matter of preserving normal tissue that would have recommended IMRT?

Currently I am considered Stage four due to local metastasis left side nodes and left tonsil no right side and no distant metastasis, How much of a factor is a delay of a few weeks.

I will ask the Doctor these questions and any others you guys suggest.