Fran,
I'm sorry about your pain.
I've statrted noticing a pain and weakness on my shoulder and arm. My dr. told me it was from the neck dissection, and that he would send me to a physical therapist once I was feeling better (I am recovering from a kidney operation in November).But you did not have neck surgery, did you?
The weakness of my arm worries me. i have a hard time getting dressed because of it, and since it is getting worse, I wonder how bad it will be. And the thought of having to add another medical appointment to my calendar drives me crazy. I am so tired of doctors and nurses, though most of them are wonderful people, and have saved my life many times over. I am also tired of pain killers and refused a prescription for the shoulder pain. Stupid of me, I should have taken the presrciption and not filled it until I really feel the need. I guess I'll call and ask about both the medication and the therapy tomorrow.
Good luck with your dr appt. I really hope they find something that can be easily dealt with.
Leena

scc right tonsil T1N1M0, right tonsillectomy + modified neck dissection 3/04, radiation IMRT both sides X33 ended 6/04.
Also had renal cell carcinoma, left kidney removed 11/04