Ok, so I grew up in St. Louis, and Bar-b-que was either pork spare ribs (not baby backs) or pork steaks, cut from I have no idea where on the pig but I've not seen them anyplace else in the country. Royal Crown soda was the cola of choice, they delivered to the door, same as milk, bread, and veggetables. Everything there was grilled if possible, including the bratwurst. I grew up in the Italian section, so our sausage of choice was salsicca (I think i spelled it correctly) or Italian sausage, again grilled, put on pizza, or cooked in your spaghetti sauce.

Washed our dishes in the "zink" watched TV in the "front room" and while sitting on the "couch"

Here, I drink "bing hong cha" (iced lemon tea or "shwei bien" (sprite) or "bing shway" (cold water). While pork is a staple and is very good here, I can't seem to get across to the meat cutter that I don't want the ribs cut into teeny little peices. Shame, I had my gas grill shipped over from the states, fitted it with a huge 20 gallon LP tank, and only used it aobut 5 times in the last 2 years. Makes a nice plant stand.

Bob

SCC Tongue, stage IV diagnosed Sept, 2002, 1st radical neck dissection left side in Sept, followed by RAD/Chemo. Discovered spread to right side nodes March 2003, second radical neck dissection April, followed by more RAD/Chemo.