Hello all,

I'm not sure if this post is in the appropriate place or maybe it's not even appropriate to post at all. Tomorrow I'm making, in my opinion, another step in healing and dealing with SCC. I'll be making a trip today for inurnment services to be held for my husband at Arlington National Cemetery tomorrow (he was a Vietnam Vet serving in the Navy). When I was diagnosed on May 22, 2003 with tongue cancer, stage IV, not only was I scared knowing I was about to embark on the fight of my life with an unclear future, but 9 days later, on May 31 my husband of 22+ years passed away suddenly. So I found myself facing a very vague future. I really never had time to mourn my husband's death as I was investing all my energy in making myself well. I am happy to report that I am succeeding in many ways with just that - I'm doing well and adjusting to my new "normal" life post-treatments and also adjusting to my new "normal" life as a widow. I would like to thank everyone here who have lifted my spirits and have given me encouragement and inspiration in their own battles and victories. Although life living with cancer and without the love of your life is very lonely at times, I find that when I'm on the board I don't feel so alone. Thanks, as always, for listening. I just wanted to share my "next step" in what I feel is a very big part of my recovery in my attempts to overcome and succeed this past year in celebrating life.

You are always in my thoughts and prayers each day.

Nancy

Stage IV oral cancer (tongue), T3N2, total glossectomy with right and left modified neck dissection 7/03, rad /chemo ended 11/03