Hello Everyone,

My mom had her second series of surgery last month and she had the cancer removed from the other side of her mouth (gums) and now we find out it spread to her bone. The doctor and my mother both dont want to undergo a third surgery and the doctor ahs recommended six weeks of radiation. I hope it works to kill all the cancer cells. Does anyone have experience with this?

Also, I have a dear friend who is married to a guy (only 30 years old) who chews tabacco every day and he has white spots on his gums and he told his mother in law that she had nothing to worry about because his dentist said it was nothing. I have read posts in here before that state that white spots on the gums could be cancer. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

Also, I wanted to thank everyone in here for the kind posts. It has really helped me immensely and i have forwarded your advice to my mother who has appreciated your help. I have another topic started where I have more detail about my mother's cancer.

Thanks again everyone and God Bless
Stephany

Stephany.Daughter of mother who passed away 3/26/05 from Recurrent Gum Squamous Cell Carcinoma. She had 3 surgeries, and 6 weeks radiation, and then passed due to infection. I miss her very much. She was 65 years young when she passed. Love you Mom!