Hi GNelson..........First, good news about PEG. I was happy the day she was removed also; it meant a sign of recovery and the fact that I could actually maintain my health by eating REAL FOOD. That was a very good day if I remember correctly.

About the plastics Doc -- why not just get a second opinion to see what another professional might consider trying. Doing that might ease your mind a bit and also let you hear first hand that there might be another option available. Don't give up now, you've traveled such a long hard journey and you deserve the very best face possible after everything is said and done. None of us are perfect, but we do want to be the best that we can be and if you can find a surgeon to help you along then i say "go for it", Keep us posted on how things turn out. Sincerely, Donna

SCC first time 1989, with a diagnoses of 'cancer in situ' removed lesion, no other treatments.
SCC recurrence 1997 of tongue and floor of the mouth. Stage III /IV Hemmiglossectomy (removed over 60% of tongue/ floor of the mouth), free flap, modified neck, RAD and Chemo(cisplatin, 5fu) simutainously.
Cancer free 6, yes, six, years!