I agree wholeheartedly with Gary's "Forget the Odds!" and Brian's link is great and it sure helped me to think more realistically and positively about this whole cancer "statistics". Doctors will have varying and different opinions. No matter what you are researching, I learned that statistics can be skewed and yield varying results depending on who or what is involved. And Riley, I really like what you said about "There is no cure for life" and I agree that one should get other opinions for treatment recommendations. Since my son and I experienced his cancer treatment, I think we've both realized a much deeper appreciation for life and all it has to offer and to appreciate every moment. It is too short to waste even a moment stressing over what "might be". (Besides stress alone can make you sick) I made up my mind a long time ago, that I was NOT going to let this DAMN cancer beat us! I was just NOT going to accept that alternative! (I don't use naughty words very often or shout, but I really have strong feelings about this so please forgive.) Besides, we could all get hit by a bus, tomorrow. Now, I truly hope that no one gets hit by a bus, 'cause I'll feel really bad if they do- so everybody - watch out, ok? And keep up the cancer fight!

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)