Okay, I finally got some kind of answer. ENT says that a panel of five Stanford pathologists could not rule out cancer but did agree that what was biopsied is a "Squamoproliferative Lesion". Anyone know what that means?

In addition to this little problem, I also have a brachial cleft cyst that was diagnosed 3 years ago. I was to have had it removed then, but the Dr. (a differnt one) was unable to get me intubated so he cancelled that surgery. Since that time, the swelling had gone down and hadn't given me any trouble. With all this other throat nonsense going on, it has since swelled up to its previous size and has been a little uncomfortable - I wouldn't say painful.

So, my ENT now wants to schedule surgery on Monday to remove the brachial cleft cyst as well as the "lesion/tumor" in my throat and send for further analysis.

I guess the good news here is that it is still not definitively cancer. Am I being too optimistic to consider that if it does yet turn out to be so, that it would have to be at a very early stage?

SCC, Right tonsillar fossa, T4N2M0, Dx 1/12/07