I wish I could have consumed any kind of fruit or even juice but the acidity from it put my pain threshold over the top even with pink magic, morphine and all the other stuff.
I used Senekot S, Preparation H and tried various other remedies. Nothing really improved substantially until I was able to wean off of the pain meds. The constipation issues were the worst effects managed by my team - they got a "D-" for that. The nausea was nothing compared to the constipation. Since the nausea had a higher visibility my caregiving wife was way more concerned about that (she was sick to her stomach last night so I got a taste of the helplessness of watching somebody sick to their stomach). As disconcerting as it is I don't think many people die from vomiting (unless you're a rock star that is- and because they have aspirated it while unconcious).

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)