I need some feedback. Here I am 5 months after radiation and thinking that should have experienced all of the aftermath of radiation. I had 30 IMRT along with chemo in Dec/Jan 04. Everyone has been amazed at how much salaiva I have managed to retain, from the dentist to the radiation oncologist. I suddenly woke up last week snoring the dry mouth kind. (it was mine) My mouth is like the Sahara. Has anyone else had this experience so far out from Tx? I should be grateful for the months with spit, because I am really missing it now. My flap feels like a cotton ball.

Here's the other help I need. I recently really had increase my pain meds to cope with some intense chest wall pain. I can't get the constipation under control. I take Lactulose everynight along with some Milk of Magnesia, but that's not helping. Any suggestions would be most appreciative. A bit embarrassing to have to ask for bathroom help, but I'm desperate.

Thanks!
Lynn

Stage 3, N0, M0 oral tongue cancer survivor, 85-90% of tongue removed, neck disection, left tonsil removed, chemo/radiation treatments, surgery 11/03, raditation ended 1/04, lung mets discovered 4/04,