Tina,
If it was simple enough to Dx from a picture on the internet he wouldn't need a biopsy. The pathology report from the biopsy will reveal what it truly is. Until then it's NOT cancer.

I had an oral surgeon, MD and dentist in my mouth and none of them could Dx it correctly. Even the Head & Neck surgeon I subsequently went to would not give me a Dx until the pathology report came back. Even though I had a rather pronounced, highly visible tumor, the Head & Neck doctor wouldn't speculate on what it was. His reason was that it could be a number of things some of them benign. If the biopsy report turns out positive for cancer you will not have to "push" the doctors, they will start into action immediately. There will be a number of other tests and scans that will have to be run to complete the workup. From that they will develop a treatment plan as applicable.

He was probably wise to wait until the Coumadin wore off before getting a biopsy. I take it his doctor knew he was on Coumadin?

We can all relate to the denial thing, I waited almost 9 months before getting a biopsy - probably added a stage or two. Many of us here had "late" Dx's and are alive to tell about it. Like others have said it important to get to the bottom of this expediously at this point.

Take a deep breath, turn off your "cap" key (it's like you're shouting at us!). Be sure sure to take good notes or tape record what the doctors are telling you at your visits. They give a lot of information in a condensed time period upon which important decisions must be made and you will need ALL of the information. One of you has to keep a cool head. My wife was my note taker and absolutely vital. We are here to help fill the blanks or help you with the right questions to ask..

Try to stay in the "now". The past has already gone (and stop beating yourself up about the 2 month delay on the biopsy - most of us only see the doc every 2 months anyway) and none of us knows what lies in our future.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)