The hair at the back of my head has started to come back, and I am just over 3 months post treatment. Some of the facial hair around the sideburns is starting to come back, but the neck is still smooth as silk (in terms of hair). As you can see in my signature, my tumor was base of tongue, plus lymph node. I had a neck dissection prior to radiation and chemo, however.

Please take my advice and do not put too much reliance on the PET scan. If you research that on this forum, you will find that a lot of anxiety and gnashing of teeth has been caused by PET scans, particularly shortly after treatment. Yours is scheduled just barely 3 months post treatment, which is a little further out than mine.

While mine confirmed that the primary tumor was gone (which my Radiation Oncologist and Surgeon had already told me), it showed hot spots in a few neck nodes. This naturally freaked me out, and I had to wait until I saw my surgeon last week to find out that these are probably treatment artifacts and not signficant. I am having a repeat scan in December, just to be sure. However, the anxiety has been awful.

Lots of discussions on this, pro and con, and Brian (founder of this site) has a couple of great posts out there about PET being only a part of the whole picture.

Glad you made it through treatment in good shape, and look forward to your posts here.

Jeff
SCC Right BOT Dx 3/28/2007
T2N2a M0G1,Stage IVa
Bilateral Neck Dissection 4/11/2007
39 x IMRT, 8 x Cisplatin Ended 7/11/07
Complete response to treatment so far!!