Welcome, Steven.

I am five years out from surgery, rad, and chemo, although not for base of tongue.

The neuropathy I experienced in my feet is now gone. My saliva, while slightly thicker than pre-tx, does not involve spitting, and I have plenty of it. As I recall, this condition did not happen overnight, so hang in there.

About throat pain, I do know that when I got tense, shortly after treatment end, my throat would hurt.

I would guess that the worry you express, understandably, is causing a good deal of stress, which of course will cause muscle pain. Going from being extremely active to nothing, will play havoc with your muscles also. Try some gentle stretching, some regular walking. Physical therapy or even massage may help a good deal.

Everyone heals at a different rate. Try to accept that you are now cancer free and go forward with that thought. You can live waiting for the other shoe to drop, or you can just get on with your life. If you do what your doctors recommend, go to all follow-up appointments, and avoid obviously risky behaviors, there is not much more you can do, so worry will only slow you down.

Finally, where you are now is NOT where you will be in six months. You are a work in progress!

Joanna