Thank God! It appears that ALL the NC VA centers are filled, and the decision has been made to "outsource" Buzz' treatment! VAMC has scheduled a consultation with an oncologist for Wednesday, June 17 at Wake Forest University Baptist cancer center in Winston-Salem. I can't tell you how relieved I am! He will still have a CT scan at the Salisbury VA on July 6. It has been almost a month since Buzz' initial dentist visit, and I'm anxious to get treatment started asap! He's experiencing alot of pain, but takes only Tylenol. He sleeps little. Buzz still does not wish to read any articles or discuss his cancer. Instead, he acts just as he did when I was undergoing cancer treatment TWICE..if you don't talk about it, maybe it'll just go away...Thanks to all of you for your replies and words of encouragement! I'll continue to read your posts and glean any and all information I can. Ignorance is NOT bliss!

CG to 77 y/o hubby;SCC Alveolar Ridge; Wake Forest Baptist Hosp surgery: 07/19/07; bi mod radical resection/jaw replacement;
T2 N2-B M0 Stage IV-A
28 IMRT +
6 Paclitaxel/Carboplatin
Getting stronger every day!