Thank you kindly for your responses. Buzz is age 76 and covered by Medicare, but he has no supplemental medical coverage. We paid BC/BS premiums for many years, but couldn't justify the expense as he has never had any illness, up until now. Medicare pays 80%, VAMC is free. I am self-employed at age 56 with no insurance coverage at all. We could manage the 20% co-pay with no problem, up to a point, but I'm unsure as to what cancer treatment actually costs these days. Buzz already gets his BP and PTSD meds in addition to routine doctor visits free at the Salisbury, NC VAMC. I believe he is more concerned with posing a financial burden for me than he is with receiving proper medical care. When I had breast cancer years ago, even though I had insurance at the time, it took us several months to pay off my 20% co pay totals. At this point, I couldn't care less about amassing bills, no matter the costs involved. If I don't have him, all the money in the world will not suffice! We are to go to VAMC on Friday and maybe we'll have a better idea as to what our futures hold. Keep us in your prayers, and we, of course, will do the same for all of you. Again, I am SO very thankful to have found this website! God bless! Lois

CG to 77 y/o hubby;SCC Alveolar Ridge; Wake Forest Baptist Hosp surgery: 07/19/07; bi mod radical resection/jaw replacement;
T2 N2-B M0 Stage IV-A
28 IMRT +
6 Paclitaxel/Carboplatin
Getting stronger every day!