Hi Pam,

Welcome and we also ran into a separate copay for the ethyol injections which were done in the chemo room and the daily radiation, which was done in another part of the same hospital. Every place seems to have different policies on whether they will allow the RO nurses to give it due to the monitoring of BP involved.

In the end we only had to pay a single copay for each day rather than the double because they billed it as outpatient encounters and our insurance company went along with that...on that particular issue. In other situations we had to pay the copay for every service.

We have some things in common, I had a hospice nursing background and I'm still not sure if that was positive or negative. You've seen too many things both ways. It absolutely does not prepare you to be a caregiver to your husband. It did however, make doing the IV hydration on the evenings that Jack had chemo a lot easier to arrange because they knew I would do it.

That's great that he's still eating well, even if he uses the PEG have him keep swallowing. That made a big difference in recovery for Jack. It does get better.

Hang in there,
Regards JoAnne

JoAnne - Caregiver to husband, cancer rt. tonsil, mets to soft palate, BOT, 7 lymph nodes - T3N2BM0, stage 4. Robotic assisted surgery, radical neck dissection 2/06; 30 IMTX treatments and 4 cycles of cisplatin completed June 06.