Hello Pam

Welcome to the Oral Cancer Foundation website. I'm also glad to have found this website and it is a Godsend. You will find it invaluable. Any questions you have, put them in the appropriate forum and fire away. Everyone here are very supportive and caring people.

If you go to the "General Board" forum there are two topics that might help you with this site. One is "To all you newbys", and the other is "How to get the most out of this forum".

I am still baffled by the number of people who take so long to be correctly diagnosed. I do not know why it is not "common knowledge" of all GP and DDS that if any ailment in the oral cavity stays longer than two weeks it should set off all the red flags and bells and whistles and command a vigorous persuit of it's cause!

As far as the RO nurses "refusal to mess with it", you should bring it to the attention of BOTH the RO & MO Doctors. Unless the RO is not qualified to do this procedure I find it ridiculous to have to attend two places. On the other hand, I hate to criticize things I don't know about, but this does seem rediculous. Good Luck in your treatments.

DX 3-21-07 L tongue,SCC Stage IV (T3N2MO) TX Slash/Burn/Poison Method.
***Rapid Aggressive Recurrence 8-4-07 with same DX/TX. Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. Never Give Up! ****UPDATE**** Our dear friend Petey passed away, RIP 9-2-07