Hi everyone
Its been up and down with emotions and such around here. 1st we get a note from Cancer Center to show up May 30th ... surgery and follow up... Ok we are ok with that... At least that is what i thought it said. Wish people would type instead of writting grrr.
Anyways a week later we get a phone call that they want him at hospital on May 16th and that the hospital would call about the information.
Ok Yippy they moved up surgery (we think).
When we 1st spoke to the doctor he said simple operation and Al would be home the same day. Did not think cancer has spread anywhere else ect. But at that time he did not have the results of the CAT SCAN.
OK the hospital calls... Now they are admitting him overnight... they are doing a panendoscopy. I thought that the surgery was called panendoscopy. WRONG!!! I did a internet search on the word. Ok now i get a little scared, so i call the Cancer Center to speak to surgeons nurse. One person i talked to said surgery on the 18th??? but hospital says the 16th.. hmmm Well after playing telephone tag i get to a place where i can leave a message for he to call me back. Hmmm that was on Tuesday.. We are now Thrusday and no call yet. This is getting annoying!! So i guess i spend today my day off on the phone playing telephone tag again.
Naturaly all kinds of thoughts are rushing thru my head. Did they find with the scan that it has spread? Are they doing the surgery?
I was wondering if anyone else has had Panendoscopy and surgery done at the same time? Hospital said it was only going to take 1/2 hr is that enough time?
Thanks for letting me vent in any case.