Has anyone had to deal with popped stitches on neck after surgery? As I mentioned before I had a few pop last month, now I have a spot about the size of a quarter on my neck.

Luckily it doesn’t hurt, I’m keeping it clean, covered, and packed with gauze soaked in sterile water.

The size and shape is almost exactly the scope of the last 2 tumors pulled out since April.

Any clues on how to speed up the healing process?

Other than that everything is just peachy, I’ve been ravenously hungry the last couple of days, must’ve put a total of 6 pints of stuff in yesterday, I feel like the dogs...just pull a buncha leftovers out of the fridge, but, instead of on a plate, I throw it all in the blender....come to think of it, they help me clean the blender. They like to lick a spoon of my “concoctions” before I rinse. Woof! I am like the dogs.

1st time around was 2010, Sqamous Cell Carcinoma. Radiation, chemo, surgery: Radical neck dissection.
Cancer free until 2021.
This time around, started 2021, tumors on tongue.
May 2021 partial glossectomy, October ‘21 removal of a few more recurring on tongue.
February til May 2022 immunotherapy....no improvement
July 2022, total glossectomy, living the new normal.
PET February’23 another SCC on neck....next surgery April ‘23, see where it goes from here.
Still fighting.