When the Brand name Biotene was bought by GSK from the California company Laclede years ago they engaged in lots of things that made OCF stop recommending the product. The main thing was reformulating the products to take out all the very expensive enzymes that actually made them unique and special. The toothpaste became a Crest type formula with no enzymes and substituted glycerin to make your mouth temporarily feel better. But being water soluble it doesn’t last. The rest of the product line underwent similar changes.

Laclede had a five year non compete, after which they put the original formulas out again under a brand named Salivea. Some of the products are on Amazon, others are online in their own web store. I use the toothpaste and mouthwash and mouth spray during the day. I have very acute xerostomia.

GSK in true big corporate character increased prices and reduced the amount of product in each tube. OCF even though they wanted to pay for our endorsement, declined to promote products we don’t believe in, in spite of needing the revenue it would have brought in. They are also discontinuing products with low sales volume. So you may have to switch brands to find something else you like and works for you. I will post tonight the Amazon links for the products I use if you are interested in trying them.

As a side note and disclosure, OCF is an Amazon affiliate. If you enter their site each time using our link (it doesn’t remember you, so it’s entering though that every time) we make about 5% that costs you nothing to help us.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.