I'm 40, never smoker, did use alcohol, have struggled with HPV (genital) for 25 years, and developed a gnarly mouth which has been evaluated by the three highest rated ENT in my area all of which proclaim I have no cancer. It all began when I developed a mucous retention cyst four months ago which resolved naturally by removing spicy food but upon examining I saw a mess in my mouth: one paletine tonsil secreting pus, white patches bottom of inner cheeks, veins everywhere, pink patch of irritation tissue under my nasal passages back of throat. The most worrisome part of all this is it is all unilateral (one side) so had looked at which resulted in cyst removal that came back no cancer. I was no convinced as base of tongue same side very back remained swollen despite cyst gone, several lingual tonsils swollen...now for months. I had a legit lymphnode issue but they sent me to an allergist who gave me clarithromycin (rhinitis antibiotics) plus steroids which resolved the node. This week had a full Nasal endoscopy which the ENT proclaimed me cancer free but he would allow a CT scan if demanded, strongly against biopsy of lingual or removing my tonsils. I've not made the call for CT yet, many have said PET is far better, not sure if biopsy of lingual is even better or what.

My wife is adamant I leave it alone, trust the ENT, but I'm pretty textbook (unilateral, lingual, genital HPV, cobblestone with veins all through mouth, intermittent ear pain, all of which has gone on for months despite antibiotics). Should I let it be? Was you sign or diagnosis similar? Should I wait for pain or pronounce node?

Thank you so very much for your time. I understand this is not a forum of doctors, just looking for some thoughts from those that have been there...

Justin

Last edited by Jdouble7; 11-26-2022 08:30 AM.

Jdub