Hello again.
Having read through my prior comments, l realise l had forgotten to ask if you were considering having a dentist eventually replace your father's teeth. ?
Unfortunately in my case....due to the possible serious effects of anesthesia/sedation...implants were out of the question.
My only option was dentures..ugh.!!
Nevertheless....and reluctantly...l had my dentist provide me with a very nice set of both up & down.
Unfortunately...having an abundance of mouth scar tissue due to the radical cancer treatments. .( l was stage 4)..gradually..overtime, my overall mouth tissue had changed and moved..
So..within a few months..my dentist had to alter my dentures due to them becoming loose and painful..
Each week or so...a tweak here, and a tweak there...which never seemed to work...very frustrating.!!!
I must add however.. even with all that adjusting to both original dentures....chewing was an absolute chore...l could eat very little in the way if solid food..
Those television ad's claiming that using certain denture glues/adhesives will enable you to eat normally...even crunch an apple are completely false.....well..in my case they are.
So..after a year of ongoing frustration...l had my dentist convince me upon replacing them with what he laughingly described as the 'Cadillac of false teeth'...which sadly for me, was not the case.
Unfortunately...this second set of dentures have not solved the problem..
All in all...it has been a wasted journey...not to mention an expensive one.
Come to think of it...my dentist would make a great used car salesman...if he ever needs a second job.. Lol. !!!
I'm sorry to sound so negative...hopefully you will have a much better experience ..

Good luck...

Last edited by exiledbrit; 09-17-2022 04:17 AM. Reason: Missed a word.

KITTY CAT.