Most of the people that I have communicated with that travel extensively only take pre made foods for the air travel days. It’s a matter of convenience. But like me they bolus feed blended normal food with a syringe in their daily routines. We all think that with a little time spent understanding good nutrition, it’s a superior long term solution with the right blender to getting good nutrition, and maintaining healthy weight and digestive system.

Finding peg supplements in a foreign country without a local doctor to prescribe them is problematic, and blending real foods that you can find and buy in any market far simpler. If you had to take with you enough cans or packages of food for a vacation, it is a lot of stuff to manage and haul around from place to place. I can take my blender in a small overhead roll on suitcase, and a supply of disposable syringes, usually a couple for each the days of trip. They are also used from taking my crushed pills and meds. All that in one small roll on. I take some real food blend meals in foil packets for use in airports and the first night at a hotel if we are getting in too late to shop.

Any hotel room that has a mini bar can be emptied out and used for the perishable foods. But I blend lots of things like different nuts and some veggies and fruits that do not require refrigeration. I do take sone zip lock bags of whey protein to supplement that, if I haven’t found suitable protein sources in the city. Since this is what I’ve been pegging for years, there’s really no change in my diet, my weight gain is stable, and I eat healthier than anything out of a can, or how I used to eat before the PEG.

With some 20oz paper cups, I can blend a batch big enough to get me through two days. Often the hotel will allow me to keep it in their kitchen refrigerators, so blending is not an every day thing. If I don’t feel like doing it, I can always blend up a meal from a restaurant just thinking it with a little water or milk.

If you want to learn more about eating this way, I would be happy to help you navigate this transition. B

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.