Hello! I’m 45 from Ontario. Dental hygienist noticed a growth 4 years ago. Dentist encouraged me to get it checked. Went to someone and had it biopsied. Dr came back to me then saying it was nothing and no worries. It came back. Went to see him again a year later. He said it’s not a problem. Tongue got more painful as years went by. Dentist encouraged me to go back and I relented. Dr retired so new dr was there. He said need another biopsy. He did it mid-Feb.. Called me back earlier then appointment to come in. Turns out it was suspicious for cancer. Sent to cancer clinic 4 hours away. They decided needed partial glossectomy. They rescheduled surgery twice. Third appointment mid-May had surgery. Follow up mid-June where I was told it was bigger then suspected so need to remove more. CT shows no spread (😀). Dr called yesterday to send me to next ENT oncologist as he’s away rest of this month. Go to see new guy Tues and he will do second surgery. When? No idea. Let’s hope it’s soon so I can get this cancer out of me! Feeling defeated but trying my best to positive….some days it’s a losing battle. No high risk behaviours like smoking or drinking so , no HPV related so no real explanation other then bad luck. Well….that’s my story and where I’m at.