Jordan,
I underwent 36 radiation treatments on the left side of my head/neck after the surgical removal of my left jaw and left neck lymph nodes. I was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma under my left jaw and neck. I also had chemo concurrent with my radiation. The earlier poster was correct with baking soda gargles and magic mouthwash - they helped a little but a little is better than nothing. My salivary glands on both sides have shut down - I am now 11 months out from my last radiation treatment. I was unaware that my right side would be affected before the treatments but doubt if that would have stopped me from the treatments. I do not know if having 30 treatments is less "harmful" than 36 treatments. I reside in Nashville, TN and have seen many commercials for Proton Therapy - I understand it is a less painful route to go and only know 1 person who chose the route - he is currently doing well. I wish you nothing but the best but wanted to give you a heads up just in case you lose function of both glands. Take care.
Regards,
Jimmy

JimmyG