Hi Brian,

Thank you so much again for being so proactive and caring.

I highly empathize with how those survivors and patients feel during the holiday seasons. We don’t have any family’s presence on his side (alienated due to his marriage to me) and mine is located overseas. In light of our current situation, we are surviving on our own the best we can. With my own chronic illnesses, I have my bouts of anxiety and depression. I can more than relate and would certainly appreciate the value of greetings you’ve exchanged with patients and survivors.

To answer your questions, my husband never smokes his entire life and rarely drinks. The last alcoholic beverage he consumed was over 10 years ago. The white lesion was near his right side of the tongue adjacent to Tooth#32. I just realized I failed to describe the lesion location properly – it’s towards the underside but not completely at the bottom.

I concur with you that the healing should have been completed soon after his accidental injury. The lesion, when it initially happened, was about 1” horizontal lengthwise. Over 6 months, it got a bit smaller gradually and upon that point, I urged him to get it checked-out after perusing the research paper on Wound Healing Problems in the Mouth https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5089986/

The biopsy procedure performed on him was dental code - D7286: incisional biopsy of oral tissue-soft.

I cannot express how grateful I am to you being so resourceful in assisting me in this matter. The details and the time you spend on my thread are beyond the extent of my gratitude. I am an introverted empath and was involved in STEM (my previous long-gone working life). Oftentimes to my own detriment, I wear my heart on my sleeve to others; sadly, in the end, no one is around for 'emotional' support. So again, my enormous gratitude. You have made our Xmas so much more special and memorable.

Grateful for this Forum. Pay kindness forward.