I assume you spoke to a radiation oncologist before you stopped your radiation treatments. I have read that once radiation starts, it is not a good idea to stop as the cancer cells regenerate. It’s good that you are seeing your ENT soon and they will be able to assess your situation.

It is important to practice swallowing. The swallowing exercises you are given help to stop the swallowing muscles from becoming atrophied. We were told that even dry swallows without food or drink in your mouth is better than not doing the exercises at all. My husband had major problems with swallowing and eventually it led to silent aspiration which then led to pneumonia. I am very concerned about the swallowing exercises as a result.

Wishing you all the best as you move forward.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.