Hi Kekelove

First, I am so sorry to hear all this. It is scary to suddenly hear "you have cancer" and all these wild procedures from the doctors. I was recently diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma stage IV on my tongue. I had surgery April 1 and radiation treatment from late May thru early July this year. I lived a very active and healthy life my first 52 years and I was never a smoker. It was a major surprise to me and my family.

What I can tell you is that this is a good place to reach out. Although I did not have a section of my jaw removed, I can tell you there is hope. It is a long process no matter where oral cancer strikes. Are you in Southern California? There are many resources available in the area that specialize in oral cancer treatments.

My doctors (Kaiser in Irvine and Anaheim) had experience and gave me confidence. They tell you all the bad things that can happen because they want you to be prepared. I was glad to know what to look for so overall we were prepared and had a plan. Today, I am back to full strength work and exercise. My speech is almost back to normal and food is getting better by the week.

Keep us informed. We are here to help.

Best,
Nels

OC thriver, Tongue Stage IV, diag 3/12/20, surg 4/1/20, RT compltd 7/8/20