I had my surgery to remove about a quarter size tumor from the right side of my tongue this past Friday, October 23. A day ahead of my 61st birthday. The doctor said he got all the cancer and I agreed to wait for pathology report to decide on neck dissection. It means more anesthesia and more of everything but the doctor felt it the right plan since I had neck radiated 9 years ago for my first go round with BOT, throat cancer. I did not have surgery at that time. Chemo and radiation was the course of treatment.

My question, has anyone been prescribed Gabipentin for pain? I had a list of side effects which I did not even concern myself with until I was getting alerts from my device that my heart rate was 107, 104, 98, etc. I called the triage nurse and requested input as to how I should proceed -stop taking it, take it??
Curious since this drug is totally new to me and usually my body tolerates without incident.
Thanks!
Nona Chris

63 years old
Nona to Alora, Emery, Ilyana, Harper, Nolan, & Rory. Yogini since 2012. Namaste.

Diagnosed 10/5/20 Oral Cancer/ RT side of tongue SCC Stage I Partial Glossectomy 10/23/20 Right Neck Dissection 12/4/20 Clear Nodes
BOT SCC 1/18/11 Stage IV N3 M0 HPV+ Port2/18/11
Treatment start 2/22
CISplatin 2rnds, Rads:35 treatments
July 12 doctors' deemed me cancer free-port out July 18.
Non-smoker, was a light-drinker No drinking since diagnosis