Im so sorry to read this!!! I dont know what to say except... WHY????

You've always had your hands full since your husbands cancer began. I could guess a million things that must be more important right now other than drinking a case of beer. Everything that written about oral cancer talks about alcohol and/or tobacco usage as being the most common causes, even the most unreliable websites say this. Its especially troubling when so many on here have a much worse prognosis and would do anything to change places with someone who obviously does not care about living a life long term. Its terribly sad and at the same time frustrating to see a patient who does not care about himself enough to put up a real fight. Your husband is soooo fortunate to be given options to survive which he really can do, the odds arent against him (if I remember correctly) so he really could (if he wanted to) get thru this and have a decent life afterwards.... if he wants to.

COMPLETE DENIAL is all that keeps coming to mind when I see someone who was fortunate enough to sail right thru rads without the worst debilitating side effects and now has a recurrence so soon afterwards. My heart goes out to you as the caregiver who is faced with helping someone so stubborn. I guess its just more of the same in your household. You always have us to lean on anytime you need to. As you know we help many caregivers and often become very close with so many who are frequent posters.

Wishing you a great day, at least you know we're in your corner no matter what.
((((((HUGS!!!!!))))).

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy